Surrounded by an elegant private garden, this beautiful 5 bedroom/ 4 bath home comfortably accommodates multiple needs.
Built in 2000, the home’s open floor plan emphasizes indoor/outdoor living, and the updated interior design, abundant natural light and color palette add timeless grace that suggest the warm hospitality that characterizes this home.
The kitchen/family room is the heart of the home with its over sized island, eating area with built-in banquette, and inviting seating area around a fireplace for quiet conversation, game nights or reading.
An added bonus of this home is the spacious lower level family room with mini-kitchen, ideal for flexible needs: children’s playroom, exercise equipment, study space, movie nights, slumber parties, or extended guests.
There are 5 spacious bedrooms and 4 updated bathrooms arranged on all levels of the home to accommodate different family needs.
The garden area is an entertainer’s delight! A stately redwood tree provides the canopy for a sprawling stone patio complete with splashing fountain, fireplace, radiant heating, an out-door kitchen, and generous space for year-round relaxation and dining.
Completing this special home is the detached garage repurposed by the current owner as a home office.
The location is ideal for proximity to all Palo Alto amenities – outstanding public schools, Castilleja School, parks, libraries, and downtown shopping are all within blocks.
- Stunning living room with dramatic open beam vaulted ceiling, gas fireplace, hardwood floors, large arched picture window
- Elegant dining room accessed through gracious wide arched entrances
- Kitchen/Family room
- Huge center island with sink and dining bar
- Stainless appliances
- Thermador 6-burner range/grill and double oven
- SubZero side by side refrigerator/freezer
- Warming drawer
- Lustrous granite slab counters and generous storage cabinets
- Informal dining area with built-in banquette
- Built-in desk
- Gas fireplace with raised hearth
- Entertainment cabinet
- Large lower level entertainment room
- Flexible use:
- children’s playroom
- exercise equipment
- study space
- home office
- movie nights
- slumber parties
- extended guests
- Flexible use:
- Built-in entertainment cabinet with display or book shelves
- Mini-kitchen with sink, microwave, wine refrigerator and beverage refrigerator
- Window with peaceful view of cascading garden greenery
- 5 bedrooms
- Master Suite on upper level with vaulted ceiling, huge walk-in closet with skylight. Luxurious adjoining bath infused with warm sunlight from windows on 2 sides.
- Secondary bedroom suite on upper level with 2 double closets and adjoining bath.
- Main level bedroom with high ceiling and double closet
- Two large lower level bedrooms, one with triple closet and one with walk-in closet, both with large windows for great natural light
- 4 updated bathrooms
- Luxurious master bath bathed in natural light with elegant honed stone finishes, tub with jets positioned under large window, stall shower with bench, and dual sinks. Private enclosed toilet.
- Upstairs bathroom off of secondary bedroom with shower over tub
- Main level full bath with elegant wallpaper, honed stone tile and separated stall shower
- Large lower level bath with dual sinks, shower over tub, private enclosed toilet, extra storage
- Separate laundry room with washer, dryer, sink and extra storage
- Outdoor living is a year-round entertainer’s delight!
- Sprawling stone patio at the base of a stately redwood tree is rimmed by low maintenance planting beds
- Splashing fountain in the Mediterranean tradition
- Outdoor kitchen with Lynx gas barbecue grill, warming drawer, refrigerator, storage drawers and a dining bar
- Massive outdoor fireplace, currently equipped with gas logs, but could be wood-burning
- Plenty of room for relaxation and dining
- Gated driveway bordered by mature greenery provides peaceful views and privacy
- Detached garage, serviceable for parking, but in the true entrepreneurial spirit of Palo Alto, repurposed as an office/conference room
- Additional features
- All bedroom closets with organizers
- Air-conditioning on all levels
- Extra storage in attic and utility room
- Outstanding location within blocks of excellent public schools, Castilleja School, parks, libraries, Lucie Stern Community Center, downtown Palo Alto and Stanford University
Lot Size: 5,775 Sq. Ft. (Per county records, unverified)
Palo Alto, CA.